WHAT'S HERE FOR SCHOOLS
Sprout’s Play Barn – Early Years Schools Package Open or Close
Come and join Mr Sprout on his amazing 4-tier play frame with educational role play – there’s loads of fun to be had. Ticket price includes:
- Entry to the play barn via your private party room door
- Exclusive use of party room, 9.15am - 3pm, to store belongings, eat packed lunch (children’s own) and use as a base for your day. The trip organiser will be given the room key and be responsible for the safety of all belongings.
- Admission to Sprouts Play Barn anytime from 9.15am – 1.15pm
- Access to the animal walkway, outside play area and Phoebe Woods directly from the party room.
£4.50 per child
£1.50 per adult
Available off-peak days only (term time) subject to room availability.
All trips must be pre-booked and paid for in advance.
- Pick Your Own entry £1 per person – allows for 10 strawberries to be picked each (available June/July only)
Millets Falconry – bird of prey conservation & education Open or Close
Visit Oxfordshire’s largest birds of prey centre, Millets Falconry, for your next school visit and enjoy learning about these fascinating creatures for a unique and memorable day out.
- Prices from £4 per child
- One free adult per 10 children (additional adults £7)
- Risk assessments available
- If you’re unable to visit us, we can visit you! Prices available on request
- Additional talks and handling sessions available on request
- Teachers information pack available - contact us for more details
Many areas of the National Curriculum can be covered. For example: Migration (Geography) and Falconry (History). Art is also covered; some schools visit simply for students to study and draw/sketch the birds. We are happy to tailor our talks to any topics you may be working on including owls, flight, predators, prey, British species, conservation and medieval times.
To book visit: www.milletsfarmfalconry.co.uk/school-visits/
SPR Expeditions – adventures in the great outdoors Open or Close
SPR Expeditions are based at Millets Farm and enjoy access to the wonderful Phoebe Woods where they facilitate many forest school activities and get everyone closer to nature.
Prepare to embark on an enjoyable journey of discovery with activities such as den building, orienteering, tent construction, treasure hunt and more. All of which can be tailored to your needs.
Millet’s Maize Maze – get lost & have fun! Open or Close
Our Maize Maze opens mid-July and is perfect for end of term school visits to let off steam.
Let the kids run wild in our 3 main mazes as well as follow quiz trails through our woodlands, fort maze and courtyards. And if that hasn’t tired them out, there are trampolines, a bouncy castle, pedal go-karts, crazy golf and more – phew!
Pick Your Own – fabulous finds straight from our fields Open or Close
Although we don’t do organised tours, groups are very welcome at our extensive Pick Your Own site where we grow all manner of fruits and vegetables to pick and enjoy.
We can provide you with maps of the Pick Your Own crops in season, risk assessments and offer advice to ensure your trip runs smoothly.
Please note: Coach parking is available by Frosts Garden Centre. Unfortunately we only have outdoor picnic areas.