PICK YOUR OWN FRUITS
Our summer PYO is now closed for the season, re-opening in May 2023.
Our PYO Pumpkin Patch is open September - October.
Find out more about our PYO below:
An admisison ticket is required for everyone who wants to enter the fields. Pre-booking your tickets is advisable, as tickets will only be available on the door if we have spare capacity. Toddlers and babies under 2 years old do not require an admission ticket and may enter free of charge with a full paying adult.
To find out why we charge an admission fee click here
You then purchase the fruit you want to pick at the entry kiosk before entering the field.
On arriving at Millets Farm Centre follow the signs for the designated PYO car park. Next to the Sprouts car park, this can be found by following the drive straight ahead all the way to the bottom (don’t curve round to the right toward the garden centre) and taking a left at the mini roundabout. Then take the 2nd right towards Sprouts Play Barn and the PYO car park is immediately on your left.
Other useful information:
- The 15 minutes window shown on your tickets is your admission time. You are welcome to stay in the fields until you have finished picking your preferred amount of fruit. Last entry slots are 4.30pm and the fields will close for the day at 5.30pm.
- We strongly recommend you do not eat any fruit until you have been able to wash it at home.
- Please note there are no toilet facilities in the fields and the nearest toilets are at the side of the Farm Shop or by the childrens playarea.
- Unfortunately, dogs, with the exception of service dogs, are not allowed in the fields.
- Please wear appropriate footwear for uneven ground and the weather of the day. You will be in a field!
- Please do not bring any oversized bags, rucksacks or food of any kind into the PYO. This includes large bags underneath pushchairs.
- Pre-booked admission tickets are non-refundable and are valid for the session they have been booked for only.
- Please be aware there are some circumstances beyond our control that might mean we have to close the PYO. In the event that we are unable to run a session due to inclement weather or a shortage of fruit we will contact all customers by email in advance of the session and arrange to move the booking to a different session or offer a full refund.
- Please see full terms and conditions for our PYO fields click here
Sales from our PYO Sunflowers this year will be donated to Sobell House. Sobell House recently provided a huge amount of support to the family of Branda Standen - our longest serving Millets employee when she sadly passed earlier this year.
About Sobell House
Since 1976, they have provided compassionate care to adults with a life-threatening illness, and supported their loved ones. At any given time, they care for around 500 people across Oxfordshire on their ward, in the local hospitals, at home, and through their Living Well service.
Thanks to the incredible support they receive from the community, in addition to medical care they are able to offer a wide range of services, to help fulfil every person’s psychological, social, cultural, and spiritual needs. They also provide bereavement support to people who have lost a loved one. Their expert teams take the time to get to know each patient, and their family and friends, as they accompany them through what is undoubtedly one of the most difficult and painful experiences they have ever faced.
Their focus is on the here and now and making every moment count. By providing their patients with a better quality of life, they hope to give them more time making memories with loved ones, or doing what matters most to them. They help people get married, celebrate important milestones, and maintain their independence. At the end of life, they support people to live their final days as they would like to, and strive to give their patients a peaceful and dignified end, surrounded by their loved ones.
To find out more about Sobell House, visit their website www.sobellhospice.org