Our Wild West Maze is now closed!!!!
We hope all you cowboys and cowgirls enjoyed exploring the maze this year and we look forward to seeing y'all again in July 2019!
Previously at Millets Maze…
Our first ever Maize Maze was in 1997 and was the first one of its kind in the UK. People flocked far and wide to try it out and it even got into the Guinness World Records for being the first in the country.
Our original maze had 3.73 miles of pathways covering almost 8 acres – it took some visitors 4 hours to complete! We’ve since reigned it back a little bit to make it more manageable and it now covers an area of 6 acres and 2.5 miles. Phew!
- Maize is a tropical plant which can grow over 7ft tall!
- Each year our maize is planted in April so it’s ready by July.
- At the end of the summer, the maze is closed to prepare for our Halloween Howl Spooktacular!
- At the end of the season, all the maize is harvested and used as cattle feed.
- Maize loves lots of sunshine and very little rain!
- The average ear of corn has 800 kernels in 16 rows and always has an even number of rows.
- Maize isn’t always yellow – it can be produced in many colours including green, red and purple!
Which of our mazes have you escaped?
Pirate Ship (99)
Woodland Theme (2000)
Space Rocket (01)
Jungle Theme (02)
Battle of Trafalgar (05)
Around the world in 80 days (06)
Magical Maze (07)
Alice in Wonderland (11)
Animal Games (12)
Maze Trap (13)
World War ll (15)
Majestic Maze (16)