Millets Farm Fun Family Dog Show
Saturday 11th May
Join us at Millets Farm Centre for our 7th Family Dog Show!
Our Dog Show is a free charity event in support of the Guide Dog Association and being sponsored by Abivale Vets.
There will be 11 dog classes throughout the day, with great prizes on offer along with a selection of stalls and a BBQ surrounding the arena!
It really will be a day for all the family especially your four legged friend-so whether it be entering one of our more formal classes in the morning or taking part in our fun afternoon classes or even mooching around the stalls...there will be something for everyone!
Returning this year we have Lisa Moore and her Pop Up Photo Studio to capture your family and beloved dog!
'Temptation Alley' will also be returning...can your dog avoid temptation and come to you without picking up or eating anything en route? Come and have a go!
10.00am-Morning Registration Opens
11.00am-Best Cross Breed
11.20am-Fabulous Fella (1+over)
11.40am-Loveliest Lady (1+over)
12.20pm-Golden Oldie (8+over)
12.40pm-Childer Handler (2 age categories)
1.30pm-Afternoon Registration Open
2.00pm-Dress to Impress
2.40pm-Best Biscuit Catcher
3.00pm-Yummiest Youngster (1+under)
3.20pm-My Dogs Got Talent
3.40pm-Wonderful Working Dog
4.00pm-BEST IN SHOW! (free entry to all winners from each class)
£4 per class entry
Note: Online ticket sales finish online at 1pm Friday 10th May - If you miss this you can enter on the day at the registration tent.
Everyone! All ages and dogs welcome...this is one for all the family!
Located on the overflow car park.
Other useful information:
What the judges are looking for:
- Best Cross Breed- Cross breeds have become very popular among dog owners in the last few years. The judge will be looking for well-groomed and presented dogs. The judge should be able to recognise the breeds your dog has been crossed with.
- Fabulous Fella- The judge will ask each individual owner to hold their dog in the show position to showcase your dog’s muscle structure and balance. The head should be straight and the tail extended in order to judge your dog’s full body. Attention will be paid to your dog’s eye colour, size and shape. The head and muzzle shape will also be assessed including their teeth condition and bite. Each owner will be asked to run with their dog to demonstrate their heel work and obedience. The judge will then notice your dog’s coat condition. Temperament with the owner and your dog’s movement will also be assessed. The handsome dog should represent their breed at its best. Must be 1 year and over.
- Loveliest Lady- The judge will ask each individual owner to hold their bitch in the show position to showcase the bitches muscle structure and balance. The head should be straight and the tail extended in order to judge each bitch at its best. Attention will be paid to their eye colour, size and shape. The head and muzzle shape will also be assessed, including their teeth condition and bite. Each owner will be asked to run with their bitch to demonstrate their heel work and obedience. The judge will also then notice the coat condition, and temperament with the owner. Prettiest Bitch should represent their breed at its best. Must be 1 year and over.
- Golden Oldie- All dogs entering must be over the age of 8 years old and in good health to compete in this category. The Judge will be looking at each dog individually to see how well they have aged. Each dog although older with a few grey hairs should still reflect their breed. The winner of this category will not necessarily be the eldest dog as the judge will be looking at more than just how they age. After all age is just a number! Each contestant should showcase great care for their “Golden Oldie” which will be shown by the condition of their coat, weight, paws and teeth.
- Child Handler- This is a chance for a child to showcase their bond with their four-legged friend. The class will be spilt into two heats; children aged 7 & under and children ages 7 & over. As a child handler they should know information about their dog including the breed, age and feeding routine. To start with children will be judged on how they handle their dog: Do they have enough control-does the dog respond to their commands? The shortlist of children will be given the opportunity to show the judge a trick they can do with their dog. The judge will take note of the child’s relationship with the dog.
- Dress to Impress- The more effort made, the better! Costume’s both handmade and brought are welcome. Decision will be made with the help of the audience.
- Musical Sit- One of our more popular fun classes. The judge will play music and when the music stops the owner will have to command their dog to sit. The last dog to sit will be out- this will continue until we have a winner.
- Best Biscuit Catcher- Your dog will have to catch a biscuit from a certain distance. If your dog doesn't catch the biscuit they will be out. In each heat the distance will be increased until we have our winner.
- Yummiest Youngster- All puppies must be over 14 weeks old but not over 1 year old to enter and the judge will be mainly looking for a variety of aspects including coat condition, relationship with owner, obedience and more.
- My Dogs Got Talent-Has your dog got what it takes? Each dog must take centre stage to showcase their talent in front of the judges. To get through to the final heat the act must complete their trick / performance without being stopped by a judge. The winner will be decided by the judging panel as well as the audience. This category will be run on a Britain’s Got Talent theme.
- Wonderful Working Dog- This class is open to all types of working dogs from assitance dogs to sheep dogs, gun dogs to police dogs; there is a tremendous number of ways in which dogs can assist humans. The judge will ask you about your working dog and how they help/have helped you in your day to day life or career. All dogs entering this class can be still working or in retirement.
- Best in Show- Each winner from the days classes will take part in the final class for free so the judge can decide the Best in Show.
Confirmed exhibitors to date:
|Abivale Veterinary Group||Event Sponsors - Veterinary Group based in Oxfordshire|
|Dog Only Nose||Dog treats, Chews, Dog Pick 'n' Mix and more|
|Jo's Dog Boutique||Handmade unique Heritage Tweed dog collars, Harnesses, Leads and other Accessories|
|Henna by Poonam||Henna & Children's Tattoos|
|DoLittle Dumplings||Handmade Children's Clothes, Hats, Toys and Accessories|
|Katy's Toybox||Soft & Wooden Toys including Dogs, Hobby Horses, Children's Bags, Aprons, Buntings, Painted Horse Shoes and lots more|
|The Rawly Good Food Company||Raw Dog Food|
|Fluttercup Keepsakes||Sterling Silver Handmade Personalised Jewellery using Pawprints, Fingerprints, etc|
|Dirty Dog Mobile Wash||On-site Mobile Dog Grooming|
|CW Gifts||Coasters, Mugs, Metal Signs, Wood Signs involving a Dog Theme|
|Glitter Von Teese||Glitter Tattoos & Festival Face Glitter and Gems|
|Hazel Whitfield||Gifts & Toys for Children|
|DiddyCrafts||Children's Books, Mess & Fuss Free Kits, Crafty Gift Packs, Toys and More|