Millets Farm Fun Family Dog Show
Saturday 25th September
Join us at Millets Farm Centre for our 8th Family Dog Show!
Our Dog Show is a free charity event in support of the Guide Dog Association.
There will be a range of dog classes throughout the day, with great prizes on offer along with a selection of stalls and a BBQ surrounding the arena!
The show is a great day out for all the family especially your four-legged friend, so whether entering one of our more formal classes in the morning takes your fancy or taking part in our fun afternoon classes, mooching around the stalls or simply watching the show...there will be something for everyone!
10.00am-Morning Registration Opens
11.00am-Fabulous Fella (Age 1+)
11.20am-Loveliest Lady (Age 1+)
11.40am-Childer Handler (2 age brackets of handler within class)
12.20pm-Best Biscuit Catcher
12.40pm-Best 6 Legs
1.30pm-Afternoon Registration Open
2.00pm-Dress to Impress
2.20pm-Best Cross Breed (Age 1+)
2.40pm-Golden Oldie (Age 7+)
3.00pm-My Dogs Got Talent
3.20pm-Yummiest Youngster (1+under)
4.00pm-BEST IN SHOW! (free entry to all winners from each class)
£4 per class entry
Note: Online ticket sales finish online at 12noon Friday 24th September - If you miss this you can enter on the day at the registration tent, space permitting.
BOOKING AVAILABLE SOON
Everyone! All ages and dogs welcome...this is one for all the family!
Located on the overflow car park.
Other useful information:
What the judges are looking for:
- Fabulous Fella- In this class your dog must be over 1 years of age and the judge/s will ask each individual owner to hold their dog in the show position to showcase your dog’s muscle structure and balance. The head should be straight and the tail extended in order to judge/s your dog’s full body. Each owner will be asked to run with their dog to demonstrate their heel work and obedience. Temperament with the owner and your dog’s movement will also be assessed.
- Loveliest Lady- In this class your dog must be over 1 years of age and the judge/s will ask each individual owner to hold their bitch in the show position to showcase the bitches muscle structure and balance. The head should be straight and the tail extended in order to judge each bitch at its best. Each owner will be asked to run with their bitch to demonstrate their heel work and obedience, as well as temperament with the owner.
- Child Handler- This is a chance for a child to showcase their bond with their four-legged friend. The class will be spilt into two heats; children aged 7 & under and children aged 7 & over. As a child handler they should know information about their dog including the breed, age and feeding routine. To start with children will be judged on how they handle their dog, then a shortlist of children will be given the opportunity to show the judge more about their dog. The judge/s will take note of the child’s relationship with the dog.
- Best Biscuit Catcher- Your dog will have to catch a biscuit from a certain distance. If your dog doesn't catch the biscuit they will be out. In each heat the distance will be increased until we have our winner!
- Best 6 Legs- It does what it says on the tin! This class be taken however you see fit, you will be judged on your legs as well as the dogs!
- Dress to Impress- The more effort made, the better! Costume’s both handmade and brought are welcome. Decision will be made with the help of the audience!
- Best Cross Breed- Cross breeds have become very popular among dog owners in the last few years. The judge/s will be looking for well-groomed and presented dogs. The judge should be able to recognise the breeds your dog has been crossed with.
- Golden Oldie- All dogs entering must be over the age of 7 years old and in good health to compete in this category. The judge/s will be looking at each dog individually to see how well they have aged. Each dog although older with a few grey hairs should still reflect their breed. The winner of this category will not necessarily be the eldest dog as the judge/s will be looking at more than just how they age. After all age is just a number!
- My Dogs Got Talent- Has your dog got what it takes? Each dog must take centre stage to showcase their talent in front of the judge/s.The winner will be decided by the judging panel as well as the audience. This category will be run on a Britain’s Got Talent theme!
- Yummiest Youngster- All puppies must be over 14 weeks old but not over 1 years of age to enter and the judge/s will be mainly looking for a variety of aspects including coat condition, relationship with owner, obedience and more.
- Musical Sit- One of our more popular fun classes! The judge/s will play music and when the music stops the owner will have to command their dog to sit. The last dog to sit will be out, this will continue until we have a winner!
- Best in Show- Each winner from the days classes will take part in the final class for free so the judge/s can decide the Best in Show!
Please note this is just a guide to what our judge/s are looking for. Our dog show is all about having fun in a relaxed environment, even with the more formal/classic classes in the morning we want everyone to enjoy taking part.