Millets Farm Dog Show
Saturday 6th May
Join us at Millets Farm Centre for our 5th Family Fun Dog Show.
There are 10 dog classes, with great prizes, stalls and a BBQ!
It really will be a day for all the family including your four legged friend-whether it be entering one of our more formal classes in the morning or taking part in our fun afternoon classes.
Returning this year we have Lisa Moore and her Pop Up Photo Studio to capture your family and beloved dog! Photo shoots will run throughout the day, so please visit www.lovekidsphoto.co.uk to pre book your time slot.
New to this year Millets Farm introduce 'Temptation Alley'...Can your dog avoid temptation and come to you without picking up or eating anything en route? Come and have a go!
Everyone! All ages and dogs welcome...This is one for all the family!
10.00am-Morning Registration Opens
11.20am-Best Cross Breed
11.40am-Most Handsome Dog
1.30pm-Guide Dog Demonstration
1.30pm-Afternoon Registration Open
3.20pm-Best Biscuit Catcher
4.00pm-BEST IN SHOW! (free entry)
£3.50 per class. Spaces are limited so please book online in advance!
Located on the overflow car park.
Other useful information:
What the judges are looking for:
1. Best Rescue- The judge will be looking at the history of the rescue dog and owner have come on together. Information will be asked about the dogs story and when the owner rescued the dog-as well as the work the owner has put in to improve the dogs lifestyle.
2. Best Cross Breed- Cross breeds have become very popular among dog owners in the last few years.The judge will be looking for well groomed and presented dogs. The judge should be able to recognise the breeds your dog has been crossed with.
3. Most Handsome Dog- The judge will ask each individual owner to hold their dog in the show position to showcase your dogs muscle structure and balance. The head should be straight and the tail extended in order to judge your dogs full body. Attention will be paid to your dogs eye colour, size and shape. The head and muzzle shape will also be assessed including their teeth condition and bite. Each owner will be asked to run with their dog to demonstrate their heel work and obedience. The judge will then notice your dogs coat condition. Temperament with the owner and your dogs movement will also be assessed. The handsome dog should represent their breed at its best.
4. Prettiest Bitch- The judge will ask each individual owner to hold their bitch in the show position to showcase the bitches muscle structure and balance. The head should be straight and the tail extended in order to judge each bitch at its best. Attention will be paid to their eye colour, size and shape. The head and muzzle shape will also be assessed, including their teeth condition and bite. Each owner will be asked to run with their bitch to demonstrate their heel work and obedience. The judge will also then notice the coat condition, and temperament with the owner. Prettiest Bitch should represent their breed at its best.
5. Child Handler- This is a chance for a child to showcase their bond with their four legged friend. The class will be spilt into two heats; children aged 7 & under and children ages 7 & over. As a child handler they should know information about their dog including the breed, age and feeding routine. To start with children will be judged on how they handle their dog: Do they have enough control-does the dog respond to their commands? The shortlist of children will be given the opportunity to show the judge a trick they can do with their dog. The judge will take note of the childs relationship with the dog.
6. Fancy Dress- The more effort made, the better!
7. Musical Sit- One of our more popular fun classes. The judge will play music and when the music stops the owner will have to command their dog to sit. The last dog to sit will be out- this will continue until we have a winner.
8. Puppy Class- All puppies must be over 14 weeks old to enter and the judge will be mainly looking for a variety of aspects including coat condition, relationship with owner, obendience and more.
9. Best Biscuit Catcher- Your dog will have to catch a biscuit from a certain distance. If your dog doesn't catch the biscuit they will be out. In each heat the distance will be increased until we have our winner.
10. Best In Show- Each winner from the days classes will take part in the final class for free so the judge can decide the Best In Show.